Software Developer – In-Vehicle Infotainment
Our Client is a leading software company servicing the automotive industry. They are looking for IVI engineers.
The Infotainment Software Engineer is responsible for creating software services for Client’s Sync infotainment system. This includes code to support features for navigation, media, entertainment, phone, voice, and vehicle interfaces.
- Develop C/C++ middleware for Client’s SYNC infotainment system
- Design, document, integrate, and test APIs / SDKs that provide services for: media, phone, navigation, speech–recognition, mobile device connectivity, and CAN network communication
- Lead integration, build, and release of firmware images for Client’s SYNC platform
- Lead root cause analysis of software defects. Lead optimization of boot-up performance and system responsiveness
- Participate in system design, documentation, and testing to deliver a best-in-class infotainment system
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related engineering degree
- IVI experience.
- On the Job training in Michigan is available for applicants with little IVI experience.
- Master's Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 4+ years C/C++ software development experience in the automotive industry
- Proficiency of C/C++ language, GNU toolchain, and Unix: QNX, Linux, or equivalent
- Experience with QNX and Qt/QML
- Good understanding of IP network Stack and Application layer protocols such as HTTP and MQTT
- Experience with communication protocols: CAN, TCP/IP, USB, Bluetooth, and/or Wi-Fi
- Proficiency with revision control including: git, subversion, or equivalent
- Working knowledge and experience developing an infotainment feature technology, such as navigation, voice recognition, media phone, or a similar technology
- Excellent project management skills, customer focus, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Automotive product development process and quality experience (i.e., A-SPICE, FMEA, etc.)