Senior Metals, Metallurgy Engineer
Our Client is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the industrial champions.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Senior Metals / Metallurgical Engineers are needed to support the goals and objectives of the various Client commercial programs and projects being conducted by Client Research & Technology (R&T) in Japan and Asian region (South Korea, Malaysia, etc). R&T is currently supporting Client serialized production and the integration of manufacturing technologies in this region. We are looking for engineers who can lead and work collaboratively on metals-related issues and act as the company representative at supplier, sub-tier supplier, and academic premises.
- Proactively engage the Client supply base, Client Supply Chain management and Client Supplier Quality in the region (Japan, North Korea, Malaysia, etc.) on technical issues and cost saving opportunities. Provide consultation with peers in US, Japan and Asian Supply base on M&P related issues and activities while keeping management informed. Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Manage audit programs to qualify suppliers to applicable requirements and production schedule need dates
- Ensure materials, processes and equipment readiness for qualification.
- Lead and participate in root-cause and corrective action activities to ensure manufactured parts and processes meet engineering and regulatory requirements.
- Interface with stakeholders in Client procurement and quality organizations and Client Suppliers to ensure M&P support is integrated with airplane schedule and rate requirements.
- Participate in various Research & Development (R&D) projects to develop new and innovative materials and processes to improve production quality, safety, and reduce production costs and flows.
- Assist in defining strategies and provide consultation.
Other job related information
Candidate must be eligible to be stationed Nagoya and work in Japan.
Travel up to 25% will be required within Japan and other Asian countries (South Korea, Malaysia, etc.) to fulfill this work statement at Client suppliers and to USA as needed.
Offered as a renewable fixed-term one-year contract. Contract may convert to open-ended depending on performance and business needs.
Engineering Bachelor of Science degree in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, or similar degrees are appropriate.
- Have a minimum of 9 years proven experience in relevant application areas
- Strong project management skills
- Engineering background
- Prior experience with commercial airplane materials, parts, or processes with OEM or sub-tier suppliers.
- Flexibility to work on different technology areas and applications related to aerospace manufacturing
- Proven ability to work in multidiscipline teaming environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Candidate must demonstrate knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following areas; Manufacturing, fabrication, assembly lines, production control, and quality assurance
- Candidate must demonstrate knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: Aluminum and Titanium alloys, metal finishing, fastening/assembly, forging, casting and machining processing (milling, drilling, fastening), fracture analysis, etc.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Client US-based payroll. Relocation support is available if the candidate is eligible.