Composites Lab Technician
Our Client is a leading international engineering company looking for engineers to service the Aerospace sector. They are seeking Composites Lab Technicians.
Fort Worth, Texas
- Laying up, bagging, and curing of composite and metal bonded panels; including setting up and running an autoclave.
- Machining, drilling, trimming and end tabbing of composite test specimens.
- Adhesive bonding with both paste and film adhesives, apply primers.
- Setting up and performing mechanical tests on various test coupon configurations; mechanical testing to include both static and fatigue tests, with and without strain gauges and/or extensometers, over wide range of temperatures.
- Conducting Destructive Testing & Evaluation of various production aircraft components and write summary technical report of the findings and conclusions.
- Leading mini projects (Test Requests) through all stages to completion; interfacing with the customer when needed.
- Associates Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Materials Science, Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical Engineering or commensurate training and certification.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude
- Technical knowledge of the use and application of adhesives, sealants, primers and composites.
- Ability to perform composite layup, bagging and curing, machining, bonding, including the ability to run an autoclave.
- Ability to use all equipment commonly used for composite specimen preparation (oven, grinder, drill press, cutting machine, band saws, platen press, etc.)
- Possess working knowledge of mechanical testing using automated equipment and data acquisition systems.
- Possess above average level of technical writing abilities and demonstrate ability to use advanced computer software tools.
- Be able to read and interpret material and process specifications computerized drawings and associated parts lists.