Airframe Design Engineer
Our Client is a leading international engineering company looking for engineers to service the Aerospace sector. They are looking for Airframe Design Engineer for FARA project. The Airframe Design Engineer is responsible for design activities related to the preparation, conversion, and release of engineering data for the airframe parts and assemblies of the air vehicle. Also, this position has responsibilities for compliance to the Design Requirements Manual, A/F Design Manual, Best Practices, Customer Specifications, Military Standards, Client procedures, and Program Directives.
Carries out engineering assignments of limited scope and complexity. Under the general direction of a senior engineer, is responsible for a project or part of a project or operation requiring a thorough knowledge of engineering and related fields (quality control, time and motion studies, etc.). Work is reviewed in detail with guidance given. May give limited technical guidance to junior professionals or technicians working on a common project. Typically has a bachelor’s degree and one to four years of experience.
Fort Worth, Texas
- Create detail, assembly, and installation CAD models and drawings for the airframe
- Assignments will involve detail design under the supervision of a technical lead engineer
- Assist in researching pertinent data and developing solutions for the project
- Coordinate with other engineering, manufacturing or specialty personnel to resolve problems
- Specific tasks include developing new design solutions for moderate to high complexity problems based on requirements; supporting the development of product changes and improvements; responding to data/action requests from procurement, manufacturing, tooling, etc.; preparation of engineering change requests and change orders; engineering drawing maintenance
- Applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering is required.
- Experience of all levels will be considered with a minimum of 2 years related experience in airframe design.
- This position requires use of information which is subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/ or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
- Previous experience in Aircraft Design and proficiency in CATIA V6 CAD processes is preferred.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Must have the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Experience with Enovia is preferred.
- Must have the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively to coordinate design activities, prioritize tasks, and report status to design leads.
- Must be able to build and maintain effective relationships with customers, internal and external suppliers, as well as horizontal integrations across the other teams to complete design tasks.
- Familiarity with MRP, Planning, Manufacturing and Procurement processes preferred.